Items are available at Made With Love:
Papers and Embellishments:
Maggie Holmes Flourish 6 x 6 pad
Maggie Holmes Flourish Always, Perennial and Provence
OneCanoeTwo Twilight Flight of Moths
Maggie Holmes Flourish Embroidered Patch
Maggie Holmes Flourish Wood Frames
Media and Stamps:
Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers
Stamp Anonymous Tim Holtz Noble Gents
WRMK Envelope Punch
WRMK Mini Envelope Punch
Mint Stitch Happy (Psst: they are having a sale now, go get it!)
Remember those days where people used to write each other letters rather than sending an email or text? I grew up in the generation that experienced the transition of analogue to automated technologies, and I often find myself enamored by the older way of doing things.
I love technology (just in case the readers think I'm an old-fashion-live-in-a-cave-luddite), but handwritten correspondences still always finds a way into my heart. This time for the DT project, I decided to make a Letter Writing Kit with the paper and the envelopes all decorated ready for the words to be filled onto the paper and ready for a stamp and address to send it off.
Maggie Holmes' Flourish collection is one of, if not my most, favorite collection coming out of Creativation 2018. I made many of my embellishments from the cutouts of from the 6 by 6 and the 12 by 12 papers. The WRMK's Stitch Happy helped me in making some truly unique embellishments ready to be used on the box, letters and the envelopes.
Next, I proceeded to make a box from scratch. You could of course use an old box and alter them but I wanted to make my own. For those who want to make your own, the instructions are as below:
1) Cut out 5 chip board or grey board to 4 5/8 inches by 4 5/8 inches
2) Cut out 2 pieces of 4 5/8 inches by 5 5/8 inches (Piece A)) from kraft cardstock while scoring on the longer side 1/2 inch from each sides
3) Cut out 3 pieces of 5 5/8 inches by 5 5/8 inches (Piece B) from kraft cardstock while scoring 1/2 inch from all sides.
4) Use washi tape to join all four pieces to the centre piece to make a cross shape, make sure to leave about 1/8 inch apart from each piece so it is easier to fold into a box later.
5) stick each of the Piece A and Piece B opposite one another to the four outside pieces. Flip the box around to stick Piece B onto the center.
6) Fold up the box and stick the flaps onto the respective edges and you get a surface that one can alter. I recommend the Beacons 3 in 1 glue which is also available at Made With Love for this as it is a good heavy duty strong glue.
Finally I went decorating using the gorgeous paper and embellishments I've made. Enjoy!